What does NBS mean on TikTok? If you hear it, it’s getting serious

TikTok is always inventing new slang and new acronyms. Language is always evolving and changing, sometimes faster than we can keep up with it. You may have stumbled across the acronym NBS on the web, here’s what it actually means. 

What does ‘NBS’ mean on TikTok?

NBS is an acronym for the phrase “no bull****.” 

According to Urban Dictionary, it means, “No bull****, an old hacker acronym which is usually used to signify that the talk will be serious.

A lesser known definition is “nasty b**** syndrome.”

Urban Dictionary says that it refers to someone who is “the nastiest mother****** in the history of all mother*******.” It’s commonly used by a group that goes by the name BNI to describe their most hated enemy.

How to use ‘NBS’ 

The phrase is typically deployed to signal that things are about to get real or that the situation should be taken seriously. 

Urban Dictionary cites the example, “I need to talk to you, NBS.” 

“If you see me and I’m with parents… I don’t know you, sorry,” @zoeeoliviaa_ said in a video with the hashtag #nbs

“For real tho, I be avoiding contact,” someone said.

“I don’t blame you. I do the same thing,” another commented.

“I look a hot mess 97 percent of the time but that three percent, that three percent go crazy. LMAO,” @da.baby.kaii shared in a TikTok. “If this not facts #nbs.” 

“All of my posts are on three percent,” one person said.

“I make all my TikToks on that three percent,” another wrote.

In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!

If you enjoyed this story, read more about what muñañyo means on TikTok.

More from In The Know:

Man spends his life savings on California ghost town

This pan is great for small spaces and “can do basically everything”

Five Kindle books In The Know editors can’t put down

Subscribe to our daily newsletter to stay In The Know

The post What does NBS mean on TikTok? If you hear it, it’s getting serious appeared first on In The Know.


Post a Comment

0 Comments