Friend’s ‘super sketchy’ travel request freaks woman out: ‘She is obviously hiding something’

A woman’s friend is furious at her because of an issue with a package.

She explained the dilemma on Reddit’s “Am I the A******” forum. Her friend asked her to take a package on an international flight and deliver it. When she asked to see what was in the box to ensure all the contents would be safe for the airport, the friend took offense.  

“I will soon be flying to the other side of the world,” she explained. “My friend asked me to take a package with me and deliver it to her friend, who lives in the country I am flying to. Now, I trust my friend with my life, but I told her that since it’s an international flight and taking unneeded risks are unwise, I would appreciate it if I can open the package, with her present, and look through it just to make sure there’s nothing ‘undesirable’ in it.”

But the friend didn’t want to comply with the request and became furious.

“My friend immediately gets offended,” the Reddit poster said. “She even starts yelling at me, telling me how she can’t believe that I don’t trust her and that I am invading her privacy. She told me I’m being selfish and paranoid and that she won’t let me see inside the package because it has ‘sensitive content.’ That ended up freaking me out more, so I told her that I can’t do it if I can’t make sure it’s safe and that I’m sorry. She started to cry and left the room. She later left me a text saying I’m selfish and that she doesn’t want to talk to me anymore.” 

Reddit users thought the friend was out of line.

“‘Paranoid’ is exactly what any reasonable person should be in this super sketchy situation'” a person commented.

“She is obviously hiding something,” another wrote

“A real friend would understand the risks she’s asking you take,” a user said

In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!  

If you enjoyed this story, read about our new favorite products from In The Know Beauty on TikTok.

More from In The Know:

Model exposes ‘insane’ capabilities of editing app

I understand why over 18,000 Amazon reviewers love this touch desk lamp

TikTok loves this metal straw that folds into a keychain — and comes with a cleaning brush

The giant pool float that had a 10,000-person waitlist is finally back in stock

The post Friend’s ‘super sketchy’ travel request freaks woman out: ‘She is obviously hiding something’ appeared first on In The Know.


Post a Comment

0 Comments