Woman dumbfounded by ex-husband’s request for a gender reveal cake: ‘Your ex is a piece of work’

A woman doesn’t want to make her ex-husband’s gender reveal cake after he cheated on her. 

She asked Reddit’s “Am I the A******? (AITA)” forum to weigh in on her decision. Her ex cheated on her while she was pregnant. Then he impregnated the woman he had an affair with. Now he is demanding she makes him a gender reveal cake for his unborn child with his new girlfriend. 

“My ex-husband and I have 1-year-old twins together, and due to a lot of complications from that pregnancy, I got a partial hysterectomy,” she wrote. “We divorced during my pregnancy after I discovered he cheated on me. He’s a good dad, and his girlfriend is now pregnant. He cheated on me with his current girlfriend, but she didn’t know he had a wife at the time, and I firmly believe that.”

“I run a pretty successful baking company in our small town, and I do custom desserts, including gender reveal cakes. My husband’s girlfriend called me and asked if I would be willing to do a gender reveal cake for them. I told her I had to think about it but eventually told her no.” 

When her ex discovered she had said no, he became furious with her. 

“I am admittedly incredibly bitter at my ex for cheating on me while I was bedridden and medically fragile being pregnant with his children,” she explained. “I don’t want to be involved in the celebration of their new child. I did specify that it wasn’t her, but I couldn’t do it, and she said alright and hung up.”

“My ex then called me and told me I was being rude and unreasonable and completely unprofessional putting our issues before my business. I told him I was allowed to refuse service to anyone and hung up on him.”

“I feel like I have let my feelings get in the way of my business, and if I made the cake, it’s not like I have to be there to celebrate. On the other hand, I do feel like I’m allowed to refuse business however I see fit.” 

Redditors thought the ex-husband was in the wrong here. 

“Your ex is a piece of work,” a user wrote

“I think it’s very inappropriate to even ask you,” another said

“They can get the cake done elsewhere,” someone commented

In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!

If you enjoyed this story, check out this father of the bride who stops halfway down the aisle to grab his daughter’s stepdad.

The post Woman dumbfounded by ex-husband’s request for a gender reveal cake: ‘Your ex is a piece of work’ appeared first on In The Know.


Post a Comment

0 Comments